I shared a life story for part of Yes and Yes' "True Story" series this week. You can take a look at over there and while you're at it, take a look around. Yes and Yes it one of my all-time favorite reads. I'm sure you'll love it as well.
Tuesday, May 07, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013
Now that it's getting warm here in The Mitten, I've been seeking some baby-friendly activities to do with Everly. Even with it being our first spring with a baby and being new parents in Mid Michigan, I was still able to put together a decent list. If you're a momma in the tri-cities and you're looking to get out and about with your little, you should consider joining the meetup group "Out and About Mommas of Mid Michigan". It's a group of mommas who like to, well, get out and about and do some of the activities listed below!
1. Visit the Dow Gardens Butterfly House- I recently wrote about our adventures at the butterfly house in Midland. It was a really laid-back option for my little one. The key is to go on a weekend when there aren't any field trips clogging up the butterfly house. COST: Kids under 2 are free, Adults $5, Student ID gets you in for $1.
2. Attend Free Day at the Saginaw Zoo- Every year, the Saginaw Zoo hosts a free admission evening.This is awesome for two reasons: 1- It's the zoo and 2- it's free. You can't beat free.
3. Take a Stroll on the Swan Valley Rail Trail- It may be a hike for some of you, but if not, the Swan Valley Rail Trail is a great place to take the stroller out for a spin. The Mid-Michigan Mommas host a "Momma Stroller Walk" the third Saturday of every month and guests are oh-so welcome! COST: FREE
4. Roast Some Weenies at the Family Campfire- Immerman Memorial Park in Saginaw is hosting a free neighborhood bonfire on May 9th. Kids are welcome and so are s'mores! Make sure to bring a lawn chair and a blanket for cuddling! COST: FREE.
5. Make Some Noise at the Museum- The Children's Museum in Saginaw is hosting a Music for Munchkins session every few weekends this Spring. The focus is on introducing young children to rhythm and the joy of music. COST: Under 2= free, 2 and up= $ 7.
I hope this list has helped you find a few activities for you and your little one to attend this Spring in Mid Michigan! The Out and About Mommas of Mid Michigan Meetup group posts new events going on in the community weekly and is free to join.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Hey there, 24. You know, 23 was quite a year- or should I say a whirlwind? I celebrated one year of marriage and brought a beautiful girl into the world. I opened an Etsy shop, moved to my hometown, and back in with my parents. I started a workout routine and allowed my husband to be my trainer. I learned a lot about myself and my marriage, being humble and asking for help in 23.
So I'm going to ask you a favor there, 24, would you mind be a little calmer than 23? I'm ready for a bit of a slow down, ya hear? Can you be the year that I set up a home with my little family? How about you be the year in which I start to feel like I know what I'm doing in the kitchen. Or even the one where I get organized, if only with my laundry routine. In the grand scheme of things, I think these are reasonable requests.
So here's to 24- the year of many weddings, one big vacation, a big 1 year-old birthday party, and hopefully of setting up shop in a home of our very own. I'm sure it will be full of lessons and a few happy tears if I'm a lucky 24-year-old.